Search for atmospheres
Sit back and smell the coffee.
For years, I went to the same quiet little cafe after school. It was a 2-minute walk to a shabby little place called Two-Cup, where I would sit in the corner table, nestled between the kitchenette, where the baristas bustled around making drinks, and the record player, where anyone could pick from the owner's massive vinyl collection and play a song (usually leaving a nickel in the tip jar in thanks). My favorite, of course, was classical, though I was also fond of the Beatles.
I usually shared my little coffee-scented world with a handful of other students, diligently chipping away at piles of homework, businessmen, typing away on the newest model of laptop, and the occasional regular that came for the coffee, not for the cheap prices or the peace and quiet. In my own little world, I curled up on the booth and read whatever book I had that day, letting the quiet chatter and waves of keyboard clicks and pencil scratches wash over me.
Two-Cup has been closed for years now, but from my memory, I constructed this mix as a memorial to my favorite reading spot in the country, where everyone felt at home.
Comments for "Family-Owned Cafe"
License details for "Family-Owned Cafe"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Writting by Braffe2 from http://freesound.org *)
- Turning Page in Book by davidbain at http://freesound.org +)
- Footsteps on Wooden Floor by http://www.freesound.org/people/ftpalad/sounds/119914/ +)
- macbook typing by jaredpass24 from http://freesound.org +)
- Bach-GoldbergVariations(Aria) by Johann Sebastian Bach +)
- Vinyl Crackle by Spoiled Coffee +)
- Pouring hot tea by Taira Komori from freesound.org +)
- Crowd Murmur Loop by Torgeirr +)
*) Soundsnap.com license