Search for atmospheres
Cozy and Familiar
Working @ a Rural Seaside Café
You are passing through but need a place to take care of some business before moving on. You find a cafe that looks advanced enough to have wifi. You walk in and find it's not only a cafe but also a bakery and gift shop. This seaside town knows what it's doing. You ooh and ahh over the pastries and make friends with the staff as you talk about the options. Finally, you choose the perfect warm drink and snack to keep you going. You find a table, get settled into your spot, and --perfect timing-- your order is brought out to you. You thank the staff, take a deep breath and a look around... "Maybe I'll stay in this town for the night. I'm not in a rush."
There is a split second when someone comes into the cafe, between the ding of the bells and the slam of the door, that you can hear the sea and the wind outside. You imagine how useful it would be if magic were real and you could set up your spoon to stir your drink without the need for you to stop writing. Not everyone here is laughing but everyone here is comfortable. You look around and there are all walks of life in. Short meetings, friends catching up, parents with children between activities, others with their dogs for a stop on one of the daily walks.
The rising aroma of the baked goods in the back reminds you of a home you wish you had growing up. The table you're at has some wildflowers in a modest tiny vase. The chairs all have what look like homemade cushions. This is comfort. This is contentment.
Comments for "Working @ a Rural Seaside Café"
License details for "Working @ a Rural Seaside Café"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Cafe in Porto by digitopia from http://freesound.org +)
- Stirring Tea sc by glitchedtones +)
- Book Pages Turning by jetstar from http://youtube.com +)
- Quiet Cafe With Barista by Josie Cat +)
- Slow log fire with some pops by Nicolle Melanson-Powell +)
- Walking on Wood by NoiseCollector from http://freesound.org +)
- harbour ambience by rockdoctor from http://freesound.org +)
- Shop Door Open Bell Close by Shall555 at https://freesound.org/people/shall555/sounds/72197/ +)